- New Products ( 51 )
- Switch Science Originals ( 111 )
- Consignment Products ( 15 )
- Rapiro ( 19 )
- Raspberry Pi ( 14 )
- Arduino ( 17 )
- ESP Boards ( 9 )
- mbed ( 12 )
- SPRESENSE ( 0 )
- XBee ( 5 )
- Conta ( 0 )
- NFC ( 9 )
- BLE ( 3 )
- Parts ( 42 )
- Intel Edison ( 3 )
- Others ( 17 )
The pitch has been converted on ESP-WROOM-02, a Wi-Fi module from Espressif Systems for easier use on breadboard. This simple version draws out 2.54 mm pitch only from the pins that are needed for serial communication. Therefore the size matches ESP-WROOM-02 perfectly.
How to use
If you are planning to insert it to the breadboard and communicate with ESP-WROOM-02 by serial communication, it must be connected as shown below.
|This module||Connect to|
|IO0||3.3 V (via 10 kΩ resistor)|
|EN||3.3 V (via 10 kΩ resistor)|
|RST||3.3 V (via 10 kΩ resistor)|
|TXD||receive on micro controller board|
|RXD||send on micro controller board|
How to connect ESP-WROOM-02 and each pin
|IO15||Connect to GND via SJ1 (back)|
|IO2||SJ2 (back), IO2|
|IO0||SJ3 (back), IO0|
About J1, J2, J3, R1, R2 on back
This module is considered to be used by serial communication. Therefore each pin is processed as below.
IO2: Open (Short jumper already cut)
IO15: Connect to GND
When using ESP-WROOM-02 by UART Download Mode please connect it as below.
- Connect IO0 to GND via 10 kΩ resistor
- Connect IO2 to 3.3 V via 10 kΩ resistor
If you solder resistor (10 kΩ recommended) to R1, you can pull up EN pin to 3.3 V.
If you solder resistor (10 kΩ recommended) to R2, you can pull up RST pin to 3.3 V.
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n （2.4 GHz）
- 32-bit low power micro-controller (MCU)
- 10 bit A/D Converter
- FCC、CE、Design certified
- Deep sleep mode: Under 10 uA, Off mode: Under 5 uA
- Startup to packet transmission: Under 2 ms
- Power consumption(standby): Under 1 mW(DTIM3)
- Output: +20 dBm(when using 802.11b)
- -40 ℃〜125 ℃
- FCC, CE, certified
- Operating voltage: 3.0 ~ 3.6 V
- Power consumption: Approximately 80 mA
- Corresponding WiFi protocol: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz)
- 18 mm × 20 mm × 3 mm
- Wi-Fi mode station/ softAP/ SoftAP + Station
- Security: WPA/ WPA2
- Encryption: WEP/ TKIP/ AES
Schematic (pdf) The short jumper is cut.